RAMPS - Pre-Assembled Kit Complete
RAMPS - RepRap Arduino Mega Pololu Shield board. This is version 1.4 of our shield, designed to drive a 3D printer from an Arduino Mega. It uses Pololu Stepper Drivers delivering up to 1/16 microstepping. Four drivers are needed to move most 3D printers, with 3 going to the axis & one driving the extruder. An optional fifth stepper driver socket has been provided for additional applications.
- 3 PWM controlled mosfet powered outputs
- Heated bed control with 11A fuse
- 3 thermistor circuits
- 5 Pololu Stepper Driver sockets (x4 drivers included with complete kit)
- 6 sets of Digital Pins in headers with VCC and GND for endstops (endstops included in complete kit)
- Uses pluggable screw terminal block for power connection
- Fused at 5A for additional safety and component protection
- Extra pins broke out : PWM, digital, serial, SPI, I2C and analog
- Use of widely available, low cost, high quality RC servo connectors for interconnects
- Arduino MEGA and Pololu Stepper Drivers easily removable for reuse at RAMPS end of life
There are several kit options to choose from. The default options are most popular and will let you control your 3D printer with the minimal electronics knowledge. Our professionals can solder and test the kit for you.
-Pre-Assembled Kit Complete - The Pre-Assembled complete kit comes with all electronic components securely soldered to the PCB, tested & ready for use, one (x1) Arduino Mega 2560 connected to RAMPS, four (x4) Pololu Stepper Drivers w/ heatsinks connected to RAMPS, your choice of three (x3) mechanical or optical endstop switches & wire harnesses, one (x1) thermistor wire harness, one (x1) USB cable. We also include loose a 4-pin pluggable terminal block, a 24 pin header & a loose 2nd Diode. We do not solder this diode in case you use a power supply larger than 12V.
-Pre-Assembled Kit Complete, No Mega - Includes all above complete kit items, without the Arduino Mega 2560 and USB Cable.
Pre assembled kits require you to select your preferred Z motor connections. Dual Z motor connectors is most common. It allows connecting two stepper motors in parallel on one driver.
Mechanical Wiring Kit (Default option)
- Mechanical endstop wire harness set, pre-crimped/housed, 609.6mm (24") *endstops not included*
- Thermistor wire harness, pre-crimped/housed , 914.4mm (36") *thermistor not included* (x1)
- 1x4 0.10" 5A connectors/housings for crimping motor cables (x5)
Optical Wiring Kit
Min 12V 5A DC power supply required (up to 16A total required if heatbed is used)
Assembly instructions and sources at RepRap.org/wiki/RAMPS1.4. You will need a soldering iron, solder/solder paste, solder wick, flux pen, tweezers, side cutters, and basic soldering skills. A multimeter is useful too. This board is Open Source Hardware licensed GPLv3, so please use, copy, improve, hack, upgrade, and / or contribute.