This is RAMBo v1.3L. The RAMBo board is an all in one 3D printer motherboard. It is a full remix of our RAMPS design with the Arduino MEGA and stepper drivers all on one integrated PCB. That is where it got the name RAMBo - (R)epRap (A)rduino-(M)ega-compatible (M)other (Bo)ard.
Major Features - 5 x integrated 1/16th microstep motor drivers, 5 PWM Mosfet outputs, 4 thermistor inputs, digital trimpot (no tiny knobs to tweak), SMPS supports hostless printing on power supply voltages from 10-24V DC, 3 independent fuse protected power rails, LUFA USB, high quality connectors, did I say hacker friendly ...
RAMBo is designed to work with the current RAMPS generation firmwares with minimal modifications to add firmware control of the digital trimpots and the microstep setting pins.
Please choose above if you prefer to receive a RAMBo assembled circuit board only, or if you require the entire kit. The circuit board will arrive pre-assembled, with all electronic components securely soldered to the PCB, ready for use. In the kit, you will receive the endstop switches/wire harnesses of your choice, two thermistor wire harnesses, plug connectors, USB cable, & we throw in gold connectors/headers for use on the motors & possible extra fan.
RAMBo Kit Includes:
- (1) Pre-Assembled RAMBo PCB
- (2) Crimped/housed thermistor wire harness, 914.4mm (36") *thermistor not included*
- (1) 6-pin pluggable terminal block (black)
- (5) 2-pin pluggable terminal block (black)
- (1) 1x2 positive latch housing & matching gold connectors
- (6) 1x4 positive latch housings & matching gold connectors for crimping motor cables
- (1) USB Cable, 1.828m (6')
- (3) Choice of endstop switch (Mechanical, Optical)
- (1) Matching endstop harness set (Mechanical, Optical), pre-crimped/housed, 609.6mm (24")
Firmware / Hardware Information -
Recommended Power supply 12V-28V DC, 16A+.
A preconfigured Marlin Firmware is preloaded onto the board. To re-flash this board, you can simply use the Arduino IDE and set board to "Arduino Mega 2560". There is also a Arduino plugin folder on github that exposes additional pins in the Arduino IDE.
Linux and Mac use CDC interface and have hardware driver built in.
Windows hardware driver: RAMBo_USBdriver.zip
Version 1.1 and later use 1/16 microstep drivers. Previous versions were 1/8th.